Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Painful Ending to A Close to Perfect Week

I spent the better part of last night na namimilipit sa sakit. I think what I ate for dinner last night did not agree with me so I ended vomiting all of it (3 times!) and practically spending the night in the bathroom. Sa sala na nga ako natulog kagabi since I wanted to be closer to the bathroom. I am never ordering Nonimh Thai from Ila Puti ever again!

Too bad, it had to end like that since I had a very happy week. We had our annual medical exam last Tuesday and I was super glad its over because I hate it when they stick needles into me for blood extraction. Not to mention the fact that I had to fast for more than 12 hours for the battery of lab tests. I was nauseous with hyper-acidity na. And up until now may bruise pa ako where they stuck the needle into my arm. Nagcollapse yata yung vein ko.

To make up for not eating for more than half a day, our bosses treated us to the superb buffet dinner at Marco Polo hotel. I tell you, its the best buffet in town. So many choices to choose from. For dessert alone, they had a crepe station, a pastry station, a gelato stand and a fruit stand. And their fruit stand is unique in the sense that they did not slice the fruits ahead of time. So you know that its really fresh since you pick a fruit yourself and have them slice it on the spot. I ate my first passionfruit at Marco Polo. It was a gooey and slimey food experience. :D

For the appetizer station there were more than 20 different salads and pica-pica. Kahit na yun lang ang kainin ko, more than ok nako. They even had fishballs. Sosyal ko diba, sa Marco Polo pa talaga ako kumain ng fshball. :D Tapos ang sauce pa kay mirin sauce. O di ba? Street food meets Japanese condiment ang show. :D

The buffet costs P675++ for weeknights and P700++ for weekends. The bill which included drinks, EVAT and service charge came up to P1005/person. Ok na di ba? I think the Marco Polo food tastes way better than Waterfront's, tapos mas barato pa gyud. What are you waiting for? Make reservations na! :D

The next day I had to make a trip to get a requirement. I was praying so hard for a positive result and after almost 8 hours of hungry waiting eh biniyaan naman ako ni God. He is so good to me gyud and ako na lang mauwaw nga reklamador kaayo ko nga dako.

After all that, I went on a lark to Mall of Asia. I like it there. Its not crowded and there is tons space to walk around with having to bump into people. I think I could practically live there na and never get bored. :D Sana makareturn pa ako.

When I flew home I recieved a text telling me that a free dinner was waiting for me, courtesy of returning balikbayans Chingie and Ruby. Weeh!! :D Swerte ko talaga. :D

We ate at Cafe Laguna and I had my fill of crabs and shrimps. Crabs and shrimps and shellfish and lechon kawali and laguna express and rellenong bangus and chicken pandan and kinilaw. All I can say is BUUURP and thank you Chings and Rubes. Balik-balik mo ha. :D

Friday night was first Friday mass with Lingkod. I'm super excited with what our new branch leader has planned for the rest of the year. I think this is going to be an extra-good year for Lingkod.

At yun na nga after the mass I had the runs. Buti na lang I was able to hold it in until I was safely at home. Kaya eto ngayon ako, spending my Saturday watching MYX and surfing the internet.

To think na ang dami ko sanang plano today. I was going to the the doctor, have a mani-pedi, get my unruly bunch of hair cut and styled and shop for a new pair of sandals. I can't do all of that now since I'm afraid to be more than 10 feet away from a bathroom.

Pero sige na nga. Tutal with the trip and the free food, the latest blessing from God and taking care of my health, I had one very good week. A little diarrhea shouldn't ruin it for me. :D

No comments: