Where I learned some pretty interesting songs while on the bus going to the luau place.
I'm a barbell, I'm a barbell
I'm a barbell through and through
But I'd rather be a barbell
than a dumbbell like you
You can substitute lobster for palm tree and dumbbell for old crab if you like. In fact you can substitute any word you like, some impolite as our tour guide taught us. :D
We went to Germaine's luau upon the invitation of our hula teacher. We met at school and carpooled towards Kapiolani Hotel in Waikiki to ride the bus. Because the luau turned out to be 35 miles from Waikiki. Our tour guide advised us to write the bus number on our palms as we might get so drunk on the way back, we forget which bus we are supposed to ride in. No danger of that for me since I only managed to get 1 of the 3 alcoholic drinks the luau fee entitled us to. I ordered a Blue Hawaii which wasn't that bad, but I wanted the Tropical Aqua one of my friends ordered. It tasted like sprite or mist and vodka but I liked it.
In the luau, we witnessed the traditional dish of a pig buried in the sand being cooked by hot stones. Not as dramatic as I imagined it to be but still an interesting sight. I also tasted poi for the first time and I hope the last since poi tasted really yucky. Di ko madescribe ang taste.
All throughout the luau, they put up a show in the stage in front of us. They showed hula (but of course), tahitian and maori dances. What was really fascinating was the fire dance and the spinning balls (kind of like zipping) dance done under blacklight. Very interesting and quite a fantastic sight to behold. Too bad, my camera couldn't quite capture all the interesting sights we witnessed.
We went to Germaine's luau upon the invitation of our hula teacher. We met at school and carpooled towards Kapiolani Hotel in Waikiki to ride the bus. Because the luau turned out to be 35 miles from Waikiki. Our tour guide advised us to write the bus number on our palms as we might get so drunk on the way back, we forget which bus we are supposed to ride in. No danger of that for me since I only managed to get 1 of the 3 alcoholic drinks the luau fee entitled us to. I ordered a Blue Hawaii which wasn't that bad, but I wanted the Tropical Aqua one of my friends ordered. It tasted like sprite or mist and vodka but I liked it.
In the luau, we witnessed the traditional dish of a pig buried in the sand being cooked by hot stones. Not as dramatic as I imagined it to be but still an interesting sight. I also tasted poi for the first time and I hope the last since poi tasted really yucky. Di ko madescribe ang taste.
All throughout the luau, they put up a show in the stage in front of us. They showed hula (but of course), tahitian and maori dances. What was really fascinating was the fire dance and the spinning balls (kind of like zipping) dance done under blacklight. Very interesting and quite a fantastic sight to behold. Too bad, my camera couldn't quite capture all the interesting sights we witnessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment