Aside from the usual rounds of the showbiz and entertainment sites on the web, I frequent food blogs a lot. Partly because I have a new-found appreciation for the domestic skill of cooking and mostly because mahilig man gyud ko mulamon. Something that I can't deny everytime I step on the bathroom scale or buy yet another pair of capris.
I'm fortunate that I live in a city that has several Michelin starred restaurants. (Kung mahalungkat nako ang Yahoo News articles with the names of those restaurants, I'll post it here. ) But not so fortunate na I haven't even started to widen my culinary pursuits.
Its always the default hawker or fastfood centers for meals. Sometimes the restaurants in malls. If I am craving for Filipino food, there are several Pinoy restaurants in Lucky Plaza to choose from.
Pero right now, I feel that I want to go beyond that na. I want to try other restaurants. Especially those offering not the usual Japanese, Chinese, Thai choices. I want to know which restaurants in Sg are known for what specialties and go there and taste them for myself.
Kwarta lang gyud ang kulang. After all, when faced with a $5 budget and a hawker center within walking distance versus a $100++ dinner bill, and add mo pa taxi fare because you're too confused to figure out the route directions to the restaurant, its obvious which one you would readily choose.
Pero at least man lang, I would get to eat in at least one Michelen starred restaurant, happy na ako. Then I'll get to know what made them deserve the star(s) in the first place. And then I could finally find out what gourmet food is all about. :D
Hmmmm...... maybe its time to call for reservations na. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment