I did not buy any for me since I don't believe in buying books for myself anymore. I could always borrow it at the local library. And there's the issue of not having space in my shelves right now. Not to mention the hassle of lugging it when we might have to move apartments again.
I just used the sale to do some early Christmas shopping for my friends. It was no small task to browse through so many books and decide which one a particular friend might like to read. But I think I was successful in matching book to particular friend's personality. Yey, I made at least a tiny dent na in my Christmas list.
The next day started relatively early for a weekend. :D We made a stopover first at the post-office to send my Christmas package for my sis in the US. The total postage was more than half the cost of the package's content! Hay, wala man gud na-uso ang balikbayan box from Sg to US. Or basin naa tapos wala lang ko kabalo? Hmmmm.... must google that one.
Next up was yoga class. I signed up for the gentle yoga since I hadn't been attending my yoga sessions for months now. And more importantly, it was the only class available that time since we got shut out of the hot yoga (bikram yoga) class for being late. :D
Hay, gentle yoga my foot. Nalipong and nanakit akong mga kalawasan sa iyang mga poses for us. Even in places where I thought it wasn't possible to ache. Either I've been absent from yoga too long or bakak ra to ilang gentle yoga. :D Plus pa that my instructor had the "ch" disease. Like etch for eight and bench for bend. :D I kept messing up. Inhaling when I should be exhaling. Or holding my breath when I should "don't stop breathing". :D
The body massage that came after the yoga was a welcome treat. Even if we were running late, salamat that they still kept our appointment. The masseuse was really good. I fell asleep while she was doing my head massage and she had to shake me awake. Kahiya because I distinctly remember my mouth was hanging open. :D May gani wala nitulo ang laway. :D
And then we were rushing again to catch the sunset mass para di nami magproblema ug simba sa Sunday. We were again late. But we made it just before the first reading so pwede pa siguro to. :D Dinner and konting grocery shopping followed.
And then I had to rush home to change and attend a despidida party. Didto ko ka-engkwentro ug ugly Singaporean (both in looks and ugali). May gani gikan ko simba and yoga mao mellow pa ko ato. :D Hehehe. Nag-excuse lang kay wala ko kaaway sa iya. :D Pero napahiya gihapon sya in the end so all's well that ends well. :D
Sunday was scheduled for a visit to the Philippine embassy for my OWWA and OEC applications. Hay, kalouy na lang gyud sa Pinas. Pati embassy nato kay pang-third world. Mura ug hawker center. Layo ra kaayo sa Japanese embassy nga atbang ra niya. Ang waiting area tawn kay naa sa gawas. Igang raba kaayo. And numbers are called out. We can't even afford an LED display para dili magsige ug syagit ug numbers ang mga taga-embassy. Good thing I finished everything before they broke for lunch. Considering na mga 11:00 nako ni-abot. :D
After the embassy, we made another field trip to Lucky Plaza to feast on much-missed Filipino food. Kare-kare and bopis for him. Monggo soup, chorizo and bbq for me. Revived by all that
And then back to the book fair na sad. Wala gyud sya natagbaw. Nakapalit na sad lang nuon ko ug ahat. Pero sige lang, pang-gift raman gihapon. While he was waiting to pay for his purchases in a kilometric line para sa cashier, I decided to drop by the Crocs mega-sale next door. My gas, mas kilometric pa ang line didto. 30 minutes waiting time to get in and another 2-3 hours in the cashier line. I never realized how popular Crocs really is.
In fairness, sale kung sale. Prima styles were going for S$15 a pair na lang. And the kid's apparel were 3 for S$9. I never knew that Crocs had a clothing line. I really wanted to buy some clothes for my inaanaks but the really long lines put me off. So sayang pero nagreklamo na akong mga bituk.
After dinner uli na lang dayun where I did the laundry and now I'm blogging this and on that note, good night na kay its been a full 2 days and I'm all tired out. Nighty-night!
No comments:
Post a Comment