Sunday, April 05, 2009

Wired

This can't be good. I've been tethered to my laptop for most of the weekend. I'd say close to ten hours already. Taking breaks just to eat and sleep. Now, I know that ten hours is average for a teenager, but for an adult its bordering on pathetic. I've been blowing off invites and appointments just so I can watch Charlie Epps spout one math theorem after another.

I went through two entire seasons in one day. And there's a pain in my left ear. The gunshots going off in my earphones could have something to do with it. Plus I have a strange crick in my neck. Blame it on my non-ergonomic chair and my definitely non-ergonomic table leading to my neck leaning at a strange angle all the time. I miss the table at my former workplace which I can raise and lower at will.

Anyway, I really should put a stop to this already. Or at least learn to control it a bit. It's messing with my sleeping habits and making me half-stoned during the day. Not a good idea when I have a deadline to meet. But I know that once I get over this addiction, I'll just find another one to replace it. This really can't be good.

No comments: