One thing I enjoy about attending our family reunions especially on my mother's side is all the stories my aunts regale me with about my childhood. Siempre, its about me so favorite topic talaga. Bwehehee. :D
Anyhoo, one favorite aunt told me that I was autistic when I was younger. I would not respond when talked to. Consider it a good day when I afforded you a blank look. She said that I discovered my social skills only when I hit puberty. Maybe because I realized that I am about to need it. :D
Lost as I was in my Nancy Drews, Bobbsey Twins, Hardy Boys and Enid Blytons hardbounds then, no wonder I considered the real world a poor copy of the exciting things that happened between the pages of my favorites books. I'd totally lose myself in my own world that I was deaf, blind and mute to everything else. But I think anyone who claims to be an honest-to-goodness bookworm can totally relate .
Sadly, I haven't had much chance to be autistic these days. I haven't buried myself in a book in weeks, no make that months. But God is good and He knows my deepest desires. National Bookstore is on it annual cut-price book sale and next payday I am going to make my way over there and say hello again to my autistic self.
No comments:
Post a Comment