
Sometimes happiness just sneaks up on you at the least expected moment. Oftentimes when you are eating.
First thing that comes to mind, was a truly memorable linguine pasta with clams and pancetta (italian bacon) drizzled in spicy olive oil we had at Cielo last night. Divine and exquisite. I can still taste the peppery chili as the linguine slid down my throat. Obvious ba na I super love Italian food.
I saw this book, The Italian Food Guide in National Bookstore and since they are having their annual price cut sale, it was sold for only about P220.00. Quite a deal since its a very comprehensive guide to the food specialties of the regions of Italy. A riveting read if you ask me. Not to mention, one that makes you walk, no, run to the nearest Italian restaurant.
Next on my mind is the utterly satisfying and totally comforting tinolang manok with kamunggay and ginger that I'm having for dinner right now. And its more delicious since it is made with native chicken. The more flavorful chicken. Now thats home-cooked food at its best.
I also remember the Potato Corner BBQ fries I had on the way home the other day. I adore Potato Corner fries. I like it better than McDo fries. And only Del Monte Tomato ketchup as dip for me. Its the only kind of ketchup I like.
I have lots more of food memories since me and my friends love to eat. In fairness naman, di obvious na matakaw kami. :D Ahhh....food memories aren't they one of the best kinds of memories to have?
No comments:
Post a Comment