Friday, September 08, 2006

Life on Hold


I feel like I've deliberately pushed the Pause button in my life right now. And the only reason is the currently ongoing (still!) house renovations.

I've so far refused to go on trips that take longer than a day. Anything that requires more effort than slipping on an old pair of jeans paired with an oft-washed tshirt is automatically turned down. For the simple reason that it would take major work for me to do more than that. It would mean going all over our house looking for things that aren't where they are supposed to be.

I've missed a lot of events in consequence. Events with loads of free food. I never thought anything could keep me away from free food. :D

Anyway, I'm fretting about this now because there's this event I really want to go to. A pajama party with my community sisters. Pajama party means overnight. Overnight means bringing an overnight arsenal kit. It means my travel towel, my travel pajamas, my compact (my friends would beg to disagree) toiletry bag, my contacts solution, a backpack. As of the moment, I am hard-pressed to remember their exact locations in our house.

A hunting expedition doesn't sound too appealing to me right now. I'd rather just not. I'm not letting go of the pause button just yet.

I hope to change my mind later on. :D


No comments: