Monday, January 01, 2007

My Delayed Christmas Post


Since Friendster is inaccessible to me (ganun din ba sa inyo?) at the moment, all posts will be on this blog muna.

Since my last post, Christmas passed by in a blur. I was feeling na, "Ha? Tapos na?" I finally finished all my Christmas shopping by the 22nd. It was also my last day at work. Not a very good last day either since my siningit pa na kapalpakan na naman ang aming very reliable (NOT!) I'd-rather-not-mention-here-or-I-might-get-into-trouble. :D

So since I finished all my shopping na, I was left wondering what to do on the 23rd. It was a Saturday. A day before Christmas Eve. It didn't feel right that I wasn't in a tizzy. Parang not in keeping with the season. :D So I did the next best thing. I slept the day away. :D

I don't know what came over me but I decided to go shopping on Christmas eve. Lugging around 3 kilos of roasted chestnuts plus several bottles of yoghurt and liter of melon milk is mahirap ha. Dagdagan mo pa ng sangkatutak na shoppers doing their last minute shopping. Tinaga pa ako ng taxi driver. Sus.

Christmas Eve was a quiet affair like it always is in our house. Kain lang then balik tulog. I was the only one who stayed up late to open my gifts. Got quite a loot this year. Clothes, food, bags, a calendar, a fan, toiletries, a hard disk, books, organizer, cellphone charms. a massage coupon.



Christmas Day was spent with my relatives in the province. But not before my sis called from Boston. Dun sya nagpasko with a friend of hers. Galing daw sya namasyal sa Harvard and MIT. Told her to get scholarship forms the next time mapadpad sya dun. :D

I didn't quite feel the Christmas spirit this year. Pasulpot-sulpot lang. I couldn't sustain the joy of the season. Ewan ko ba bakit. I also managed to complete the 9 dawn mass series. Pero wala ako wish. I just wanted to complete it. Di rin kasi ako sure what to wish for.

But looking back I think ok naman overall ang Christmas 2006 ko. There were better Christmases to be sure, but I still like this one. :)

No comments: