So the updates:
The Job
I got the job I wished for. I even turned down an earlier offer because I was really waiting for this one. Thank God I did because the offer was considerably larger than the first one. I find my job interesting and I like my colleagues. They're great group mates and I get along fine with them.
What I did not expect was how demanding it would me. Akala ko tapos na ako dyan with my former company. I now have a BlackBerry surgically attached to my hip and its more KSP than a cranky toddler. Pero in fairness naman, the pinaka-late OT I had was 8:30 pm. Chicken compared to Japanese standards. :D Pero I dream of the day when I can make sibat at 6 pm without feeling guilty.
And my company is big on security and confidentiality. I had to sign (on every page!) a more than 50 page confidentially agreement. And there was even an orientation on what we can and can't talk about outside. Well, since I belong to a very competitive industry, it comes with the territory. I guess I just have to keep extra watch over my big mouth. :D
The room and apartment
Hay salamat. After weeks of looking, we finally found an apartment I can live
The trip
When I signed my contract with my company, may addendum sa last page na I had to go to Canada for training. That was totally unexpected and a most welcome blessing. And since my company had a policy that any trip that lasts for more than 8 hours should be booked in business class, that more than doubled my excitement. Its a 20 hour flight to Toronto, and that's not even counting the layover in Hongkong.
I tell you, business class in Cathay Pacific rocks! Lami ang food. Especially the business lounge in Hongkong. I mean, I could practically live there. And we were booked in sleeper cabins. Meaning my seat actually turns into a bed. We were given complimentary toiletry kits. Bag by Agnes B. and products by Murad. San ka pa?
On the way back, we were on Air Canada and I could really compare the difference. From the food to the service to the sleeper cabins and even the airport. Pearson airport in Missisauga is pretty boring. I found that out the hard way since our flight that was supposed to leave at 9:40 am left after 1 pm. They gave us lunch coupons to compensate for the delay. And since we had free food already at the business lounge, we used the coupons to buy more pasalubong. :D Another complaint I have with Air Canada (some of my Canadian officmates call it Air Crapanada) is that their sleeper cabins is too long. My short legs can't reach the ottoman on the other side so my feet were hanging over the foot rest. :D
Thanks to Air Canada's delay (they made us line up twice then told us to go back again since di pa pala fixed ang problem), we missed our connecting Singapore Airlines flight at Hongkong. We had to book anew on a Cathay Pacific flight since full na ang Singapore Airlines. Sayang, I could have tried Singapore Airlines business class na unta. Sige lang, next time na lang. :D
Travelling via business class really does have its perks. Not the least are the ultra comfy business lounges but also the special treatment. In HK airport, not only did we have a separate line for business class but we had separate entrances to the airplane mismo. Lahi miske ang tube na gigamit. Business class passengers will never have to worry about running into Malu Fernandez and her ilk. :D And flight attendants call you by name everytime they ask you something. Man, I could get used to this. :D
The fitness regimen
I've grown fat. There's no denying it. My bathroom scale takes great pleasure of reminding me of that fact everyday. And that is the reason you don't see any pics of me on this entry. :D
In a effort to stem the spread of flab, I've enrolled in a yoga club. For a flat fee every month, I can attend as many sessions as I can. Pwede ko mag whole day didto magsige ug tuwad-tuwad. :D There are many kinds of yoga available. Yogilates (this I have yet to try), Prana meditation, Hot yoga (also called Bikram Yoga), Hatha, Ashtanga, Ananda, basta ang dami pa.
The ones I like best are Prana meditation and Hot yoga. Prana really clears my mind. As in nawawala yung mga conflicting thoughts in my head and my mind feels so clear and aware. And I can really feel my fats melting away with Hot yoga. Sino ba naman ang hindi magmemelt when you are contorting yourself in a 37 degrees celsius heated room. :D But the heat actually makes you more flexible. And taking a shower after all that sweating feels so good. And you feel so alive afterwards. Ang sarap ng feeling.
Oh and did I mention that I signed up for marathon? 6k baby. I wonder what I was on when I agreed to sign up. :D So just this afternoon, I had my first training session. We did around 4k and I think I only ran about 400 meters of that 4k. And that was not even continous. I can only run for up to a hundred meters at a time. The rest sige lang ko lakaw. :D The jogging path in our place had markers every hundred meters so you can track your progress. Hay, tan-awn lang ani unsa akong kalaki one month after. :D
Whew, sabi ko nga na long entry di ba. I'll try to be a more diligent blogger after this so that my reader (kailangan ba ng 's'? :D ) won't have to strain their eyes with my nobela posts. ;D
Tata!
No comments:
Post a Comment