If I were home during this time, I would have done the Visita Iglesia already. I like doing the Visita Iglesia. Going to different churches and praying and listening to the somber songs of those who are doing group Visitas, lighting candles at the different churches, or just sitting in a pew and being quiet, those rituals I like. I think it helps in keeping me grounded for the rest of the year.
I will miss participating in the Good Friday procession which I always like to do. I will miss the ceremonies and traditions associated with Easter. Especially the special Easter lunch that we always have. This year is more special because Easter Sunday falls on my Lola's birthday and they are having a party at my Lola's house in the province. Waahhh..... inggit ako. Advance Happy Birthday Lola!!!
Hay, it really doesn't feel like Holy Week here. Although its quiet like it always is around my area and Good Friday is a holiday here, its different at home. Ambiance is what I think they call it. Well, I definitely need that Holy Week ambiance around here. I want to be in a prayerful and reflective mood which I find hard to muster in this environment. I mean its quiet and all pero iba pa rin sa atin. Hay....
Have a blessed Holy Week everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment