I had told my friends that I did not want to celebrate my birthday either before the date or on the day itself. Blame it on my work that cruelly scheduled an 8 am meeting AND a release right on my supposed-to-be special day. So that's how I ended up being at the office at 7:50 am and then only getting out at around 8:45 pm. I only managed to eat dinner at 9:30 pm. I was tired, grumpy and very close to tears. Hapit napasmo on my birthday.
The constant greetings on the phone, email and FB managed to get me through the day. And I had the dinner at Nando's to look forward to. My bf was waiting for me at the restaurant already. It's one of my favorite places to eat here in Sg. You have to wait in line for at least an hour before you can get a table. And this even on weeknights. But I feel that the chicken is so worth it. Especially the espadita rustica. Tender chunks of chicken frame-grilled together with sundried tomatoes. Absolutely delicious. And don't get me started on their chicken livers. Were it not for the threat of getting gout, I could practically live on their chicken livers. It's got this divine sauce that I dip the accompanying Portuguese bread into and inhale.
At the table where C waited for me was a bouquet of absolutely gorgeous flowers. It made the past 12 hours disappear from my mind. We ordered so much since we were so hungry already, it being so late. But we managed to finish everything.
After waiting for a long time for a taxi, we got home exhausted with still a few minutes to go before my birthday is officially over. And then the proposal happened. He gave me a jewelry box as a gift. When I opened it and found it empty, I asked him, where's the jewelry and he whipped out this little white box. It was just so sweet. I smile every time I think about it.
But that was just the beginning of my birthday celebrations, albeit the bestest part. :) My Lingkod friends treated me to a Japanese dinner and Letters to Juliet movie. Of course with the matching cake and surprise! Two bouquets of flowers. I put them all on our makeshift altar by the way. God deserves all the glory for the life that I enjoy right now.After the movie, we went to Insomia over at Chjimes and danced the night away to a surprisingly very good Filipino band.
| the ring and the rose |
| my pretty friends and prettier ina-anak |
Saturday was my barkada who are not part of Lingkod day. We ate at a Filipino restaurant here and ordered so much food, we were eating leftovers a week later. They gave me Body Shop items, a book and a wedding planner! Much thanks guys. You know I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment