Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Brand New Look

Because its long way overdue. My blog has looked the same since more than four years ago and I'm sure you've been as sick of it as I was. It's still not looking the way I want it to look exactly. My aim was Hed Kandi-ish or a Jordi Labanda look but I got another cutesy pastel template. Blame it on Blogger's default templates. Not one single Hed Kandi or Jordi Labanda illustration in sight. But I'll get around to it..... eventually. Hopefully not in another four years.

So what's up with me? Lots I tell you. Okay the biggest news first. I got engaged! It happened on my birthday and while it wasn't the proposal of my dreams, it was sweet in its own way. And I absolutely love my engagement ring.


 Isn't it a beauty?


While I love my ring, I love my guy more obviously. Can't believe we're soon going to be husband and wife. So excited to start our married life. But I have to start planning the wedding first. Which I haven't done. I know, I know. I should get to it already even if its still a year away. It's just that there's a lot to do and a lot more to spend on that I'm already feeling overwhelmed just thinking about it. Breath.................

On other news, I survived a super hectic schedule at work. Working on two projects at the same time, with both projects on crisis mode made me teeter on the brink of crazy more times than I can count. So I think I more than deserve a vacation for pulling through. A major one for all the stress I endured. Where to?  To New York City that's where!

I'm so excited I'm counting the days. It was an early birthday gift that I was given a 10 year multiple entry visa by the US government. Much thanks Uncle Sam! My sister already sent me an hour-by-hour, day-by-day itinerary. I can already see that I will need a vacation after my vacation. But I don't care! I'm going to spend two wonderful, carefree weeks forgetting about work and household chores! Whoppee!

I'm also hoping that I can squeeze in meeting a couple of old friends in between museums, theme parks and outlet shopping.

I.Can't.Wait.

2 comments:

Ria May said...

wow congrats madz! pretty ring indeed! =)

maddie said...

thanks ri! :)