Thursday, July 29, 2010

Let's Talk About Love

Who doesn't right? Who loves who. Who doesn't love who anymore. It's favorite gossip fodder. But talking about love, the verb, the noun. It just doesn't happen as often methinks.

My AGL (that's Action Group Leader to the uninitiated, not that it makes things clearer) tasked me to give a talk about love based on the Corinthian passages. We'd all know about that if you happen to attend at least one Catholic wedding ceremony. It's practically de rigueur.

I was stumped at first. I am not the most loving person around so what do I know that I can share with other people. Plus my AGL (hi M!) gave me this outline I had to follow. It contained all these bible passages I was supposed to study.

I only started on it two days before the event. And crammed the night before. I still had no idea what to say an hour before we were supposed to meet. On the train on the way to the restaurant, I sent a fervent prayer to God to let His message be known through me. To give a talk that can benefit my Lingkod sisters. Something that will inspire them and let them take a little something away later.

Dinner was fun and loud and long. I gave my talk while enjoying our Haagen Daz ice cream cakes from my sis N. And I was happy that they were able to get something from my talk. Even I was amazed at what I was saying. It seemed that what I was saying didn't come from what I was thinking, but spontaneously flowed. And for that I thank God for answering my prayer. I could see that they took to heart many of the things I discussed and I am grateful to be a means to deliver God's message of love.

It was a wonderful evening and I sleep with the promise to pay forward God's love towards me. As God's love is a gift to me, so shall it be a gift to other people through me.

No comments: