Saturday:
Picked my sister up from the airport and proceeded to Tampines mall to look for something she has to buy. We didn't manage to find it. The store she was looking for closed down apparently. We had a late lunch at Bali Thai. Ho-hum at best. Not recommended. The food wasn't that good and it was quite expensive to boot. We then proceeded to Orchard to look at the Christmas decorations. I realized that my sister has been here three times already but never at Christmas time so it was a treat for her to see the fabulous lights on Orchard. It was really a pretty sight.
![]() |
| Pretty pretty lights |
![]() |
| The stretch from ION down to Somerset |
Sunday:
Woke up really early. Like really early. Too early for the likes of me. I would have liked nothing more than to go back snoozing on my lovely bed but the bf would have none of it. So up and go and went zombie like to the starting point of the Standard Chartered 10K run. I surprised myself by having fun. I thought I would be tortured for the entire run since we haven't run a single time the past three months. Like Not.One.Single.Time. The 10K I ran that day was the first time I got moving faster than a walk in several months.
I was already foreseeing an ambulance in my near future but thankfully nothing of that sort happened. I crossed the finish line hale and hearty and drenched in sweat but triumphant none the less. Third 10K run conquered! Thank you Lord for taking care of me all the way. I did not experience any health problems all throughout the run. In fact I felt more comfortable during this run than the last one. No breathing problems, no cramps, no pain. Just plain fun enjoying the cool breeze while loping along the route.
We took out some black pepper chicken and fries from KFC to eat for lunch. The black pepper chicken was seriously spicy. But as finger-lickin' good as any KFC chicken.
After lunch and a quick shower, off to Universal Singapore we went. We got there at around 3:30 pm already but we still managed to see all the attractions we wanted before the park closed at 7 pm. We saw the Monster rock and roll show. The Steven Spielberg hurricane effects show. We got soaked at the Rapids Adventure at The Lost World and caught the last show of Shrek in 4D. They even managed to ride the Revenge of the Mummy coaster. I sat that one out in favor of eating at the Oasis Spices Cafe. Food was terrible. But then you don't go to theme parks for the food, what was I thinking. :D
Dinner was at Marche in Vivo. Food was good but I wasn't able to order what I wanted because when I saw the servings that they gave us, we figured that two orders is more than enough to feed three people. We went back home dead tired. Somehow I managed to put one foot in front of the other until I got home. I swear the next time I run 10K, I'm spending the rest of the day in bed with my feet up.
Monday:
There's no Monday blues when I don't have to go to work. I made use of all my weekend work to take a day off today. First was to take my sister to the airport. Its the last day of her visit to Singapore. Sniff. Second was to go to the John Little sale at Expo. When we arrived at the airport, an unpleasant surprise greeted us. Airphil just moved it departure time from 12:20 to 11:30 am. 30 minutes ahead of schedule! Without any advance warning whatsoever. Not to mention any rhyme or reason. We made it to the check in counter 10 minutes before boarding time. My sister told me the same thing happened on her flight to Sg. Airphil moved its departure time 30 minutes ahead of schedule too. Good thing she was at the airport early enough.
So Airphil passengers consider yourself warned. Especially this Christmas season when getting to your destination is more important than ever.
After making sure that my sister made it to her boarding gate, I took the train to Expo for the sale. I was determined to finish everything on my list and I did! Woohee! I had a little something for everyone and I was so satisfied with my purchases too. Satisfied that I was able to put more thought into each gift as opposed to just grabbing the first thing on hand because there's not enough time anymore. Added bonus was I able to stick to my budget. When they rang up the final bill, I felt inordinately proud of myself for sticking to my budget. Not something that happens often enough to my eternal frustration.
The next hurdle would be to wrap all of them up. I am against gift wrapping on principle. They just add to our carbon footprint and the wrappers are hardly reused afterwards anyway. Such unnecessary waste. But I found a way around that and would be wrapping my gifts with old calendars. Not the most chic and pretty of papers I know but it will serve its purpose. I'm just going to let my creative juices find a way to embellish them to make them look more Christmassy.
For a short time I allowed myself to feel smug thinking that I've beaten the Christmas rush. Until I realized that I still have to send out my Christmas cards and its already the second week of December! Aaackk!
I want it to be the weekend again. Like NOW!


No comments:
Post a Comment