Saturday, December 04, 2010

Christmas, 3 Day Weekends and Such

I can't believe its December already. Seems like 2010 just begun and now less than a month we'll be welcoming 2011. I wonder what the next year will bring. Well, aside from you-know-what. :D

I've been neglecting this little space because work just demanded a lot of my time. I've been working even on weekends and whatever free time I have, I just want to empty my mind and relax. Even blogging has become somewhat of a chore the past two weeks.

But I've learned to appreciate delayed gratification and am reaping the fruits of labor. I accumulated some time off with all my weekend work and I'll be using  some of them on Monday. So its a three day weekend for me. But as much as I wanted to spend the next three days vegetating in bed, something better has come along.

My sis is coming over for a visit and we've got shopping, universal studios and food trips planned. I'm finally going to get some Christmas shopping done. I already got my Pinas list covered but somehow I did not think
of my Sg list till recently. Now I'm panicking. There are quite a number of names on the list and somehow getting them all personalized gifts will be a challenge. At this point in time, I'm not sure I'm up to it.

And then there's the Simbang Gabi SG style (we go to mass at 8 pm instead of at dawn) which the bf will insist we attend each and everyone. I really don't feel like it because there's nothing like a dawn mass but I expect to be guilt-tripped into it anyway.

I sound like such a Scrooge I know.

I better rustle up some Christmas spirit before its too late.

No comments: