Monday, December 13, 2010

Wanted: Christmas Project

I want to do another charity project this Christmas. I was thinking of doing another Jollibee party at an orphanage but I wasn't able to research orphanages and its too late already I think to schedule one even if I'm able to find an orphanage to host it in.

I am very blessed this year in all aspects of my life. Finances, love, relationships, family, travel, work. The blessings just poured out from God's everlasting generosity and faithfulness. I want to give back and pay it forward but I'm stymied on the what and how.

I want to do the project on a bigger scale than before because this year has been so good to me. But I can't seem to get the logistics together. Nothing I can think of seems enough to thank God for everything this year and all the years past.

I've been thinking of the following

  1. Donating old clothes and stuff to the Red Cross. Though I don't know if they're open during the Christmas holidays. 
  2. Buying a pack of Skyflakes and giving them to any street children I come across. But I feel like its such a paltry effort.
  3. Attend all the Simbang Gabi. This one I really wouldn't be able to do since I would have to miss one on the night of my flight back home. 
And then I'm stumped already. Waaah, its nearly Jesus' birthday and I don't have a proper gift yet. It seems grossly unfair that all my friends and family get something from me but I'm not giving the reason for the season a worthy present.

Think Madz, think. Or rather pray. Something I admit I've been remissed in for a long while already. Maybe that's what God is waiting for me to do this Christmas. He's waiting for my prayers. For all of our prayers. For what else can you give someone who has everything and in fact made everything.

Advance Happy Birthday Papa Jesus. Mahal na mahal ko po kayo.

No comments: