Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hit The Ground Running

I've been off to a running start since I started work this year. I't been almost two weeks of working through lunch, working through the night and working through the weekend. It's only the first half of the first month of the year but I feel like I've done so much, it should be midyear already at the very least.

I'm exhausted frankly. I've got a lot of time off days piled up and its so tempting to just use all of them in one go. But it seems like my EQ has only gotten better over time and I'm learning to delay gratification. But I'm so tired right now, that I don't think I can stand any more delays. I want to rest. I want to sleep. I want to SHOP.Wail!!

It's gotten so, that I've been indulging in my own one-guest pity party every time I walk home from the bus stop. Feeling sorry for poor little put-upon me. But I did say my EQ is better now and I usually snap out of it by the time I hit the elevator button for my floor.

I know that I'm extra-blessed with my job (which I enjoy even though I whine about it), my loved ones (who love and support me in turn), my friends (who rescue me from boredom), with all the provisions (that allow me to share with others). I can only feel grateful to our ever generous and kind God for all the blessings.

So 2011, you arrived and steamrollered over me but enough of that now. The rest of the year can only get better and better.

Anticipation.

No comments: