Anyhoo, my vacation was short but I can't believe how packed it was. I was able to squeeze in a fair amount of to-dos in the little time that I had.
- Arrived just in time to celebrate Christmas Eve and have noche buena with my family. It was just us as usual like I always like it. Big Christmas parties on Christmas Eve are really not my idea of celebrating Christmas. I prefer it just family for the most special day. The parties can be on other days of the season.
- Went to the old hometown on Christmas Day to visit relatives (dead and alive :D) and to distribute the contents of my sister's balikbayan box. It was a trip down memory lane as I reconnected with my relatives and invited them to the wedding. A trip to our town's cemetery is always a highlight on any visit there. I love our town's cemetery. Is that weird of me? Wait, don't answer that. Its just that its so quite and peaceful and breezy ,its really quite relaxing to stay there. I guess when they say rest in peace, they really meant it. We stayed overnight in our house in the province. I forgot the cacophony of sounds that is the constant background of provincial life. Dogs barking, roosters crowing, radios and tvs blaring, crickets. I love our little house in the province. Its so cute and colorful. If only we get decent internet over there, I'd stay there more often.
- Visited the shrine in Simala. Its so different now from how I remembered it years ago. I'm not sure I like it. But I did what I promised to do and dropped the petition letters made by my friends. I offered lighted candles and prayed my hopes and dreams for 2011.
- Met with my wedding coordinator and a whole gaggle of suppliers. I think I made good progress re: wedding preps. Not to mention, massive spending. I signed check after check and my heart bled every time I had to write another zero.
- Had a reunion with my old NSP mates and just spent an afternoon talking and catching up in the house of R and J. Drinks and food were aplenty. As was good ole gossip. :D
- Shopped for outfits for my prenuptial shoot next month. Wasn't completely satisfied with what I got. I hope to get better outfits here. Especially since its the Chinese New Year sales now. Which is always better and bigger than the Christmas sales. Note to self: take some time off to shop.
- Had a noisy New Year. Again it was just the family. Next year, I'm going to be married by the time Christmas comes around. I wonder how we're going to manage it.
- Did the usual salon must-dos. Hair color, hair cut, hair treatment., mani-pedi, massage, waxing. The perks of being a girl. :D
Now my vacation is definitely over but I feel I need to take another one very soon. Good thing, the Chinese New Year long weekend is coming up and boy have I got plans for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment