Wednesday, May 09, 2012

A Rambling Account of the Past Week

My thoughts are falling all over themselves so let me just get them out as they come. 
  • Transferred apartments last May 1. Not really that enamored with our new place when we first moved in  but it seems to be growing on me now. The flat is starting to feel downright cozy. Now, I'm wishing for a thunderstorm to come. You know, to make it even cozier. Shelter from the storm and all that romantic drivel. :D 
  • Never realized I had so much stuff. Especially clothes. But I still feel that I have absolutely nothing to wear. My old clothes do not necessarily endear themselves to my new (fat) body. 
  • I have a question. What do you do with perfectly serviceable but utterly old underwear? Seems like a waste to just chuck them in the trash but its disgusting to give them to charity. And it might make for some awkward moments and questions if we use them to wipe the table. 
  • Everything has found a place for itself it seems. I only have to move around a few knick-knacks here and there and I can say that I am fully settled in this new place already. 
  • But I have a major beef with the laundry situation. Actually the hanging of the laundry situation. In our old place because it was so huge, we had all these space to put up a hanging station away from the smells of the kitchen. Here, not so much. Make that impossible. The rods for hanging are right over the kitchen table and in the direct path of any cooking smells. Especially the ones that stick to clothing and are impervious to Febreze fabric freshener. It drives me crazy just thinking about it. 
  • Not really missing my old housemates as much as I thought. Making me feel like a  heartless bitch. 
  • We're planning a parteey! And I'm in-charge of the program being that the guest of honor used to be the de facto program coordinator. I have huge shoes to fill and I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to deliver. But what the heck, its a party. If there's anything that Filipinos know how to do, its to have fun the almost any situation. My job maybe the easiest one yet. 

No comments: