Monday, June 11, 2012

The Weekend That Barely Was

And the weekend just whizzed by with me barely able to catch its tail. Granny that I am, weekends are now defined by how much household chores I can get done. Is it possible? Am I now an (gasp!) adult? I never thought I can care so much about the household being in order. :D

Anyhoo, Saturday's high point was getting my period and the cramps that go with it. I'm sorry is that TMI? I overshare like that sometimes. :D We had the final party for Emman last Saturday. It was a triple threat party actually. Lai's and Jude's birthday were celebrated too. And what do you know. Someone, actually two someones, predicted that I would have a baby boy. Logically, you could call it a load of crapola being that  a Mongol pencil, a needle and thread were used predict what and how many babies a person can have.

But it gave me hope. I know its sacrilegious and I may be going to hell for this but it gave me hope and sometimes a person can live on hope alone.

We took Emman to the airport and I was surprised we managed to be unemotional about it. And she has touched down safely in Oz so that's something to be truly thankful for.

Sunday, we uncharacteristically woke up early (read: before 11 am) and went to church. It was a wonderful day to be outside. We had lunch at the hawkers near the church, did some necessary groceries and then went home where I proceeded to cook up a storm. That and washing all my clothes plus managing to unpack another box counts as my chores done for the weekend.

The vacuuming is still waiting to be done as well as 4 remaining boxes. I also want to make sure that the bathrooms are sparkling. They are super grimy-gross now. I hope that the husband gets his butt working on it tomorrow.

Now its past midnight, my right eye has been swollen since Friday night and I really got to get to bed. Hope my eye gets better tomorrow. But it looks like its going to be glasses again however.

Yes, I am barely coherent now so good night.

No comments: