Sunday, October 15, 2006

Art Deco


Doing the house renovations unearthed a lot of our old things that we forgot we even had. Or it was in plain sight but we never really took a lot of notice. I forgot we had an old turntable. You know that one that plays vinyl records. Long before there were CDs and MP3s, there were LPs.

Among the million and one things I want to be in my lifetime, being a restorer was one of them. I originally thought being an art restorer would be an interesting job till I saw that movie with Freddie Prinze Jr. and all those models. Apparently being an art restorer means working more with a Qtip than a paintbrush. So there goes my romantic illusions of restoring great works of art.

So I thought that I'd be a general restorer instead. You know fixing things up and making them like new again or making it into something else. The damage brought about my all those Lifestyle channel shows.

I am fascinated with Art Deco interiors. You know those that became uso during the 60s. Faux leather and painted metal furniture. Colorful walls made up of patchwork color tiles. I thought that it was very cute retro. My refurbished turntable would fit very nicely with such interiors. Plus we have an old Singer sewing machine that I could not recall if it did any sewing at all. Bagay din with the interiors I had in mind.

Not that I have plans of plans of making my future home a shrine to the swinging sixties. Malingaw lang ko tan-aw ug in-ana na balay. :D I'm more into shabby chic comfort meets zen practicality.

Wala lang, Just thinking idle thoughts on a beautiful Sunday morning as I eat (grapes, lanzones and rambutan-nagpapakahealthy and lola), surf and watch tv all at the same time. :)

No comments: