Sunday, October 15, 2006

Disposable Sandals


I am having the most atrocious luck with the sandals I have bought lately. They all last less than a month. Kaya disposable sandals talaga tawag sa kanila. Buti pa contacts ko, guaranteed to last a month pa.

My fault din kasi I choose to buy el cheapo shoes. Pero ako rin lugi in the long run because when I tally all that I spent for the sandals that break sooner than I want, it can buy a more expensive pair. But the problem with Celine and Janylin and all those other brands that are more reliable, they mostly sacrifice comfort for style. I walk a lot and comfort is #1 for me.

They all have these dainty straps and high heels that is guaranteed to have my feet screaming bloody murder within a few hours. And the brands that guarantee comfort have a few more zeroes in the price tag than I'm comfortable with. Pang-mother pa mga styles nila. But I'm thinking that my feet deserve to be comfortable more than stylish so I'm seeing a pair of pang-mama sandals for me in the very near future.

Fashion can be so unfair sometimes. The moment I see a brand that can be both comfortable and make my feet look oh so sexy, I'm buying stocks in their company.

1 comment:

lizette said...

that's why there's a high price tagged on shoes that are comfy AND sexy AND branded :D