We watched The Spiderwick Chronicles a few days ago. We were choosing between this and 10,000 B.C. and I chose Spiderwick because I heard good reviews about it. I did not know anything about 10,000 B.C. and I'm not sure I want to watch another dinosaur movie. Buti na lang because they said 10,000 B.C. was boring in some parts.
Spiderwick on the other hand was anything but. Sure, it was pambata and some say has shades of Harry Potter. I, myself, could not see the similarity except for the fantastical creatures.
The Spiderwick Chronicles is about a book made by Arthur Spiderwick about the fantastic creatures around us. Pixies and sprites, trolls and gobblins. And how the ogre Mulgarath wants the book badly since it contains the secrets of the creatures including how to destroy them. It's actually based on a series of books and the movie encompasses three of them books in the series.
I don't know if I will enjoy the movie as much if I had read the books beforehand but I'm glad I didn't this time. I'm thinking of giving the series a try and I hope that our local library has copies.
No comments:
Post a Comment