Happy Easter! Today we celebrate God's ultimate show of love for us. Redeeming us from the death of sin. Eto ang tunay na Pasko ng buhay. :)
I did not think that I would get to observe the usual Catholic traditions I used to do every Holy Week back in the Philippines. As far as I can remember, this is the first time I've spent Holy Week outside of Pinas. But thanks to God and Singles for Christ, I was still able to do the Visita Iglesia, Stations of the Cross and praying of the rosary between visits to churches. Ang Good Friday procession lang ang wala nako nabuhat.
I saw quite a few friends during the Visita Iglesia. Not to mention the Singapore Lingkod members. Na-obvious tuloy na tumiwalag ako. :D I think its a sign for me to go back to Lingkod. :)
C and I tried to observe Lent by abstaining from meat all throughout the Holy Week. Actually it started on Holy Monday and ended on Good Friday. Naputol last Black Saturday since we went to C's cousin house to fix their PC. We couldn't resist the Filipino fiesta fare of dinuguan, sinigang, and adobong pusit that they laid out for lunch. And the bam-i for merienda plus the beef for dinner. :D
After the Easter mass we hied off to Clark Quay to look for a new restaurant to try. Part Easter celebration and belated monthsary. We settled on The Tapas Tree after going around the place. There was a lot to choose from. Marrakesh, Balinese, Persian, Thai just to name a few. Nag-Spanish na lang kami because The Tapas Tree had quite a few patrons which is always a good sign.
Tapas are appetizers or small dishes served as hors-d'oeuvres or cocktail snacks in Spanish cuisine.
Which is a pretty good description of what we ordered. We didn't know that it was going to be that small a serving size. Hapit mi wala mabusog. I was about to suggest to go to a Burger King afterwards. :D But in fairness, lami sya. We got Spanish chorizo with potatoes, suateed mussels in spicy tomato sauce, spicy chicken breast with a basket of garlic bread. It was a good meal, although I'm sure, we could have eaten more with the amount that we paid.
Pero sige lang, Easter bitaw. A time to celebrate and to remember that God's love is constant and will remain true till the end. A great reason to be thankful indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment