Sunday, October 12, 2008

Playground Fun?

Yesterday, I was tasked to take the little girl down to the playground for her morning exercise. Akala ko I was just going to sit on a bench and watch her as she plays on the swings and slides. Turns out that baby sitting is an interactive experience diay.

At first I was enjoying playing around the parallel bars and gingerly walking on top of the balance beam. Then she got it into her little head that it would be fun to push tita down the slide. During the first, second and third times, it was kind of fun. You know, reliving childhood and all that I wish life was less complicated angst. Pero after the 10th, 12th, 13th time, my gas, hapdos na kaayo akong lubot and I was afraid I would tear a hole in the seat of my pants.

Nalipong na sad ko saka-kanaug sa slides. Pero she just won't give up and screamed, "AGAIN! SLIDE AGAIN! PUSH! PUSH!" Ay bruhang bata ire. Human rights abuse na to ha. Starting with my right to a peaceful Saturday morning rolling around in my bed.

I made drama na lang na yayay nako and that I have a headache. Apparently, it works on children too. It's not limited to bosses and bfs. :D

Hay, I take back all that I said about wanting to go back to my childhood. It's a lot more work than I thought. Besides, there is one adult activity that can always trump any childhood experience of mine. Unsa pa, eh di shopping! :D

No comments: