It's gotten to a point that I've already forgotten the last time I celebrated Holy Week in Pinas. I miss all the traditions and church activities. I miss participating in the Good Friday procession at dusk. Carrying lighted candles while singing Ave Maria. I miss the chanting of the rosary in Bisaya and ending the procession at the church with everyone lining up to kiss the body of the Lord Jesus.
I really value old traditions and I hope that my own kids will be able to take part in them and make their own memories. Memories of eating binignit during Holy Week. Of suffering through the heat at home because the malls are closed and it is considered forbidden to do anything fun and boisterous while the Lord lies dead. Looking forward to the joy and celebration of Easter.
I can't celebrate Holy Week at home in Pinas this year but let me see about making my own traditions here in Singapore for Holy Week. This is where we are for the meantime and I might as well make the best of it. I don't want to spend all my time here in a hover pattern. Waiting only to live when I step back in homeland soil. I will bloom where I am planted and that's a promise I will make to myself.
I hope that everyone has a fruitful, spiritual and blessed Holy Week ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment