Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Paying to Send Junk Home

I don't understand why my kuripot husband is willing to pay more than $100 just to send what is essentially garbage home. Let's take stock of what we are paying a bundle to send back to Pinas, shall we? 

Let's see. I see used, yes used, aluminum pans; old torn running shoes, plastic food boxes that are again previously used, old clothes, and odd broken stuff we have lying around. Yes, its junk. Yes, it is garbage and again yes, we are throwing away more than $100 just to send all these garbage home when we could have thrown everything into the dump and it won't cost us a thing. 

He says the stuff is sayang. I'm saying the money is more sayang. We could have used that $100 on something else. Something that's actually useful to our lives. 

Hay, leche! 

No comments: