Sunday, April 08, 2012

Next Year's Holy Week Will Be Different

I spent the 3-day Holy Week Triduum cooped up in the house. Literally. Didn't get to do any of the Triduum activities. I would have wanted to attend the Passion of Christ and the Easter Vigil. As it stands, we were only able to participate in the Last Supper Mass and the Easter Mass.

I swear that next year we will do more spiritual activities and reflections. And we will celebrate Easter in a more joyous way. I'm thinking maybe a nearby beach or park.

So here's a To-Do list for Holy Week 2013.

  1. Visita Iglesia - to be done on Good Friday.
  2. Way of the Cross - Good Friday also. Visita Iglesia first and then the Way of the Cross at our last stop, our neighborhood church.
  3. Mass of the Last Supper - Maundy Thursday
  4. Easter Vigil
  5. Easter Mass
  6. A barbecue for Easter Sunday. Or a picnic. Or a meal at an outdoor restaurant. Or maybe a meal at home with guests. Just something different from how we celebrated  Easter Sunday today. 
Come to think of it. Easter Sunday  this year wasn't so bad. We had a lively lunch together with the part-time cleaners we hired. I cooked fried fish and clam soup. We had fried up some seafood gyoza too. All in all not too bad.

Easter Sunday lunch 2012

But I swear next year will be even better.

No comments: