I hate goodbyes. They always make me cry and leave me with a heavy feeling in my heart. And I had to do 3 consecutive ones this month. First was with my project group. I did not feel so emotional that time because I knew that we would still be seeing each other in the office for several more days. Plus it was hard to get emotional when majority of those who were there were boys. Baka maartehan lang sa amin. :D We just joked around a lot over several platefuls of large, juicy, buttery, absolutely divine scallops.
The next one was arranged by my Lingkod sisters. I was really touched by their testimonies and honoring for me. Kung pwede ko lang isulat and lagay ko sa Friendster ko. :D They told me that they like my being cheerful and frank. I am always surprised when people compliment me for speaking my mind. I always think that they are put off as I can be brutally frank sometimes. I was successful in holding back my tears when they took turns in saying their honoring. But I lost it when my action group leader sang a song that went like this....
Good luck, good health, God bless you
That’s all my heart can say
Good luck, good health,
God bless you
And guide you on your way
No matter where you wander
I couldn't hear the rest of the song over my sniffling. I hate it when that happens. But surprisingly, I felt better after the despidida. I think that the pray over had a lot to do with it. They verbalized a lot of my worries and fears and my hopes. It felt good to hear all that I've been thinking about said aloud in prayer and offered to God. And the gift they gave me was so sweet. I absolutely love it! The gift bag contained 2 books and a Didache booklet. And the best part of all, a jar of "Vital Life for Women, Multi-vitamins for the Soul". Filled with sayings from the bible that serve to inspire and get my strength up.
I tried to read some and I keep getting the same passage. "Do not be afraid for I am with you; Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold with my righteous right hand." from Isaiah 41:10
Whenever I feel down or discouraged, I just pick something from the jar and my faith and strength are restored to good health. Isn't that just the most thoughtful gift?
The last one (and the only thing I had to spend for :D ) was the one with my friendships from the office. It was a more sober version of past good-bye parties for many of our friends who have decided to jump over the fence to see if the grass is greener over there. Pero the usual ingredients of cheka and jokes were still there. Lingaw lang gihapon even if every dinner party, there seems to be fewer and fewer table settings needed.
But I felt that none of these despididas were really about goodbyes but more on good wishes for the future and support and encouragement for the journey on the path that one has chosen. These paths may take us far away from each other for the meantime pero bilog ang mundo and we will find each other again. For if one gathers all the people he holds dear in his heart, they can never be too far away.
2 comments:
sayang, wala ko ka-join sa farewell party. hehehe good luck on the new journey you're about to take. kita-kits nalang ta pohon.... somewhere... :)
thanks ryze. lagi. kitakits na lang gyud kung asa ta ipadpad sa Lord. :)
Post a Comment