A few hours ago, we just had our monthly directed sharing with the Lingkod sisters. The topic was about bad days and how we got through our own share of them. About how even bad days bring something good.
I was shocked with the revelations of some of the sisters. I couldn't believe that they had undergone what they did. Behind the calm and easy-going smile was a person going through a particularly difficult time in life. Pero there was no hint of it in her actions. I can still feel this calm aura from her. Iba talaga pag blessed ka ni Lord. He really gives you the strength to carry whatever you need to in your life.
Another sister just received some devastating news. I was so touched by her sharing miske pa-joke joke ra sya, that my eyes started to well over with tears. How dare I complain about my trivial irritants in life when here are people grappling with really trying situations. And doing a great job if I say so myself. Proof of God's faithfulness even in the most severe times.
After their own sharing, nahiya na ako to share my own bad day experience. It seemed so trivial and inconsequential. Pero I felt that I had something to say so instead of focusing on my bad day story, I chose to share my coping mechanisms when things don't go my way. Which is essentially what a bad day means to me. :D
I told them that sometimes we can't judge something as bad or good right away. Who knows down the road di ba the consequences or ripple effect of a particular event? So always keep an open mind and just think that there must a reason for all this or at least a lesson you must learn. A lesson that would serve you well in the future.
I also shared my own battlecry against a bad day. "Everything always looks better in the morning." So take an aspirin, get your beauty rest and wake up refreshed to face another day, bad or good.
1 comment:
I agree, night magnifies our fears and worries but when the morning comes, they seem to evaporate in the sunlight :)
Post a Comment