March is is usually the time for graduations. I myself graduated from college quite a few years back around this time. And I find it some sort of poetic justice na I'm about to graduate from another phase in my life during March too.
By the time this month is over, I will have finished a chapter in my life and moved on to the next. I've realized that I'm ready to move out of my comfort zone. I've assessed my life and realized that it was going to be more of the same of what I was experiencing now. And that thought scared me more than what was waiting for me out there.
You could say that I am in pursuit of happyness. :) Not that I wasn't happy in my old job. (Old job na talaga ang tawag ko miske ilang weeks pa ang last day ko. :D) I was happy, but the kind of happiness that depended on whether it was payday or whether we had an upcoming trip. I want a more lasting kind of happiness. Not a drink just when I was about to die of thirst. I've outgrown my old company na. It got to a point when I would cry because I had to go to the office. I felt trapped. I had no compelling reason to go to work. Just the thought na mahal ang bawas sa sweldo ko if ever mag-absent ako.
I couldn't find joy in anything I did there. It was just one tedious task after another. Just a slow march to teduim and boredom. I knew that I couldn't live with myself if I stayed there any longer. Just because I was too scared to strike it out on my own. Scared of what I would lose. Never thinking of what I would gain instead. Sabi nga nila, make a decision based on what you would gain instead of what you lose. That makes for less regrets daw. Just look forward and be optimistic.
I don't know what's waiting for me out there. And I admit I'm scared to death right now. Its my friends from Lingkod and my bf who are inspiring me right now. Who keep my spirits up and prop up my confidence na kaya ko to. For once, I've refused to make rock-solid plans for my life. Kung ano na lang ang ibigay ni God and what life has in store for me. I have faith and confidence in Him.
I got hired in March and I will leave by March din. Congrats to the graduate. :)
2 comments:
Heheh. I finally found your blog.
welcome dust. :D pasensya na sa akong mga yawyaw diri. :D
Post a Comment