Monday, February 25, 2008

Juno

We watched this film this past weekend using the free tickets C received from his company. As it was free, I was not too worried about not enjoying this film. Though it had good reviews and even had an Oscar nod, I still had my doubts about whether I'll enjoy the movie or not. Having read that it was about a teenage pregnancy, I was worried that it would be mired in drama. Something that I am actively avoiding these days.

Thankfully, I was impressed with the film. It was not your cliche angsty coming-of-age movie. Just a witty insightful look at a not-your-usual teenage heroine. Not too much drama, but had its share of heart tugging scenes. I especially liked Juno's parents. Dysfunctional though they maybe they really loved Juno and stood behind her during her pregnancy.

We were almost late for the screening since C was dawdling and I kind of forgot that we were almost late. Good thing that we were just in time though we had to sit apart. Da, langay-langay pa. :D

Juno is a charming, quirky and an awwwww-schucks kind of movie that's quite worth your time. And ps, the OST rocks too.

No comments: