Saturday, February 02, 2008

When Death Touches Your Life

My lola died last night. I never expected her to go that soon. The doctor's prognosis was very good and then suddenly this happens. She has been sick for a while now and at the back of our heads we were thinking that perhaps her time is near but still this came as a shock. I was crying all night and barely slept a wink.

I was debating whether I should go home with all the gulo at the POEA but I want to go home. Di na gani kauli ako sis tapos ako kay di pa gyud. And recent circumstances all point that I should go home. Pray na lang ko that everything will be ok when I get back. I hope that I do get to go back with no hassle from either the Philippine immigration or the Singapore one.

I was really hoping that lola got to live to 99. The same way her mother (my great-grandmother na inabutan ko pa) did. But I guess its her time now. Matagal na rin syang may sakit. Maybe God wanted her to rest na. She lived a long and full life up to 94 years old.

I regret though not having spent enough time talking with her. Asking her about her life. Especially during the war years. I regret not thanking her for taking care of me every time I stayed at her house. I regret not getting to know my lola more.

I guess this is what happens when death touches your life, puno ng regrets.

3 comments:

lizette said...

hi mads.. my condolences to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

condolence to you and your family.. i'm sure she is resting well now.

Anonymous said...

thanks idel and lizette,

yeas, she's in a better place now. :)