Thursday, February 19, 2009

Beer for Lunch

And why my company is full of cool people. :D

Cool people all around

To celebrate the February birthday people, we decide to go to Bre werks, a bar and grill over at the Kallang Indoor Stadium. We got there at about 1 pm after going through traffic caused by a four-car pileup on the highway.

Our director already said that we couldn't order beer for lunch since we all have to be back at the office after. But when we were there, they offered a free pint of beer for every main course ordered. Free beer? Why not chocnut?, our director must have thought. :D

Lunch menu

cherry beer (what will they come with next)

I initially wanted to give my free beer away, but I espied a Fruit Brewz variant on their menu. Fruit-flavored beer daw. Happened to be cherry that day. Okay, strangest thing I've heard in a while, but I got curious so I ordered it anyway. Verdict? Walang kacherry-cherry whatsoever. It was the same old bitter beer I've always disliked.

I had the New York Steak, which according to the menu was made from hormone-free cows from Australia. I don't know which hormone they happen to be free from but I suspect it was the tender juicy delicious hormone since it was the toughest driest steak I've ever had. It was like eating rubber. The whole table shook when I had to wrestle este slice it. I had to fight for every slice and spend several minutes chewing the stuff. I almost choked when I accidentally swallowed a half-chewn piece of tough meat.

beer and chocolate cake (lami kaayo ang cake in fairness) :D

Okay, from now on, no more well-down stuff. I'm having my steak medium well from now on and eating it in a dark room so I don't have to see the pink stuff inside. I was so dissapointed with my steak, I drank half of my beer to drown my sorrows. And returned to the office feeling very mellow about life. :D

No comments: