The book is now a movie! And a really fun movie it was too. Although a bit painful to watch because it was so real. It's one thing to read about your katangahan in the book and quite another to watch it on the big screen. But if there is one thing that describes this movie, it would be relatable. I'm sure that everyone would be able to identify with at least one of the characters.Some of the reviews were brutal though. Some have gone so far as to brand it a misogynist movie. Making pathetic caricatures of women and their obsession about finding the one. I'd say it was just art imitating life. I'd bet my last dollar that every one of the situations portrayed on screen has happened to at least one of us. No need to suspend disbelief. Well, not everyone is as hot as Justin Long (so I have a thing for geeks ok) :D and Bradley Cooper of course. (Affleck who?) I just wished Drew Barrymore had more screentime though. She's just so adorable as the tech-savvy, cyber-dating copy writer.
Here are some material on the movie. Movie quotes. There are some great stuff too on the official website. Don't miss the clip on the cliches that weren't shown in the movie. It's a funny short film by itself.
Can you tell I really loved and enjoyed the movie? ;D So much so that I'm watching it again tomorrow with another set of girlfriends. And I leave you with one of my most favorite scenes from the movie.
"I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting. "
No comments:
Post a Comment