My friend Romae treated us to a seafood feast on his birthday. It was at an out-of-the-way restaurant in the middle of an industrial park right in the center of Hougang. It was aptly called Seafood Paradise.
The crabs were just so big and full of sweet, firm and juicy meat. You can tell they were alive while they were being cooked. And the shrimps! So full of flavor. So unlike the bland, utterly tasteless versions you usually get at the supermarket.
My favorite was the Crab in Garlic Butter cream sauce. It went perfectly with the fried buns they served with it. I sopped up the remaining cream sauce on my plate with the buns. It was really, really good. Everything was actually. From the crabs, to the shrimps, fish and even the tofu with floss. Too bad we didn't have a picture of all the food. We were all just eating with our hands, attacking the food from every corner. Galit-galit muna as we got busy cracking crab claw after crab claw.
Romae said that they served one of the best crabs in Singapore and my tastebuds and I believe. Oh yes sir, we are believers. Dare I say it? Its much much better than Sutukil.
I still can't get over how good the crabs were. So much so that I promised myself that the next special occasion in my life will be at Seafood Paradise. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment