Feb 14 this year was hectic. First, since I woke up late, I had to hurriedly cook up the bf's baon for OT work. Yes, its a sad day when one has to work on the day of hearts. But we had reservations at a steakhouse later so I wasn't too bummed out about it.
Then I had to cook up another batch of my bacon hash (new recipe I'm trying) for the potluck lunch we were having at Sue's condo. I was soo late for the lunch. Two pm nako abot. But tita (Sue's mom) outdid herself and there were still lots of lami food on the table. I ate while exchanging news and updates with Sue, Ems and Miriam.
The potluck lunch was really more of a despidida for Emman rather than a Valentines party. By this time, Emman would have finally reached Manchester in UK and hopefully the wool sweater and cap I gave her is helping her cope with the harshest winter the UK has had in a decade (or so I heard)
It's really such fun just spending a lazy weekend lunch with close friends and catching up with our lives. Talking about future plans, present lives, lessons from the past and everything in between.
By 5 pm, I had to hustle out of there to make it for our 7 pm reservations. I still had to change and freshen up. When I got home, my flower (a single stem red rose) and my gift were waiting for me in my room. He got what I really wanted. And how did he know what I really wanted?
Simple, I decided to make things easy for him by encircling the product in the brochure and shoving it in front of his face. :D Hehehehe. But hey, how else is he going to know what kind of make-up to give a girl? :D
I got the Benefit Pocketpal which I really wanted. It's got the Benetint lip and cheek stain on one end and lip gloss on the other. The Benetint came highly recommended by my kikay slash fashionista friend Ria and I decided to try it out. The compact size is perfect for me since I rarely remember to put on any kind of makeup on my face before rushing off to work. This way I avoid having the product expire on me before I use it all up.
The Benetint stain really lives up to its name. Nakakastain talaga ng lips. I could really see red coloring my lips. A far cry from the Bodyshop Lip and Cheek stain na kung Ria pa pa-ingnon kay mura ra ug tubig. And best of all it doesn't feel heavy on my lips and doesn't transfer to anything my lips comes in contact with.
The gloss on the other hand, I'm not too sure about. I haven't used gloss in a long time (hanggang lip balm lang talaga ako) and I forgot how sticky it can feel. Its stickyness reminded me of my Lancome Juicy Tube before. Speaking of which, nasaan na nga yun? I miss its yummy melon scent.
And how come its twice as expensive here in Sg than in the Sephora website? Next time, I'll just ask my sis to send me some and lain na lang ang akong "isuggest" sa akong bf. :D Hehehe.
We were late for our reservations and to top it off, we both forgot the name of the restaurant we reserved at. I just knew it has Australian Steakhouse in its name. We called the resto for directions and the one who answered just told us to come down from where we were.
After going around Chjimes and finally asking a parking attendant where the heck the Australian Steakhouse was. He very kindly pointed out that its outside Chjimes. But I could have sworn the address in the ad in the paper said Chjimes.
We called the restaurant again and I asked if they were the Australian Steakhouse. They said that they were Hog's Breath. Dun pala kami nakabook. And we had already passed it a couple of times already. When we got to the place, the signage read, "Hog's Breath", and in smaller letters under it, "Australian Steakhouse". Why did I forget the main name of the restaurant? And for that matter, why did he also do the same thing? :D Valentines can make one senile lah. :D
Anyway, we were soon ushered in and had a candlelight dinner parked in front of a tv monitor stucked on ESPN. Buti na lang I was the one facing the monitor and he wouldn't be distracted and could focus all his attention on me. :D Casual pala ang vibe ng Hog's Breath, I never knew. Well, with a name like Hog's Breath, what can you expect? :D
The food was good but nothing that would send me into bursts of gustatory-induced ecstacy. :D Let the pictures do the talking na lang.
After dinner, he asked if I wanted to watch a movie pa, but I was all tuckered out so we just decided to go home na lang. It's been a long day na din kasi.
Another pleasant and wonderful Valentines spent with friends and my sweetheart. Happy Valentines everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment