Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Home Sick

I took the rest of the afternoon off today. Just got dizzy and lightheaded in the bathroom in the office. Turned out, its that time of the month again. Although its a few days too early this time.

I had to wrack my brain figuring out how to explain to my male boss why I had to go home right after lunch. I would have just said dysmenorrhea but I doubted if he knew the word. I just said that its that time of the month. He squirmed right after I said it, I almost laughed. :D

Now in this country, whenever you have to take a sick day, you have to go see a doctor to get a leave form. Even for half a day. Even for the slightest reason. And they always prescribed you a ton of medicine afterwards. Just for the dysmenorrhea alone, I got four kinds of medicine. Antacids, painkillers, one for the dizziness and a muscle relaxant. All of them a week's supply worth. And I'm not planning on taking a single one of them. Alam mo naman tayong mga Pinoy, we are a hardy bunch. :D Itutulog ko na lang. :D

After the doctor's visit, I went to the library, borrowed a few books, settled in my bed and promptly fell asleep after a few pages. Woke up at 7 pm and read my books until the bf came with my dinner at around 10:00 pm. It was a wonder my hyperacidity didn't act up from having nothing to eat since lunch. Anyway, I have the medicine in case I need it.

Now, its almost midnight and I have to face going to work again tomorrow. Sigh, such a short. short vacation. But it was good while it lasted. :D

No comments: