Something I considered a minor miracle happened today. I was down to my last $69 in my bank account. Something that will definitely not last me the two weeks till payday. And a lot of shops and restos here don't accept credit card. It's either debit card or cold hard cash.
Although I'm hardly on the verge of starvation since I could always draw on my savings or borrow from someone to tide me over, I was determined to live on my $69 until the very last day. I paid some of my December expenses with my January salary so I had less than my usual budget for February. Plus pa all the expenses and gastos that is Valentine-related.
Just when I was feeling sorry for myself, my officemate told me that our bonus was already credited to our account. Woweee! They said that it will come together with our end-of-the-month pay. But they are no match for my God who knows exactly what I need and when. Actually, just the thought that we have a bonus in addition to its timely arrival is a miracle in itself. What with the financial crisis and all. I wonder how the company did it. But I won't wonder how God did it.
My God is indeed a God of timely miracles.
No comments:
Post a Comment