I've been losing things lately. Two of them to be exact. I know that's nothing to some people and is in fact considered well below the average in terms of things that fade into oblivion. But for me who can be quite anal about keeping my things, its enough to send me into a mini-depression.
First off, I lost the Mango tanktop given to me by a friend for my birthday. I lost it in a beautiful deserted island off the Caramoan peninsula. At least medyo not the usual the way I lost it noh? :D What makes it even more heartbreaking is that I have several pictures of the exact place I left it. I immediately bought another tanktop (though hindi Mango, I just wait to be given branded stuff :D ) to replace it.
The next one is my Starbucks water bottle, also a gift. Coincidentally both the tanktop and water bottle are green. I left it in a Pepper Lunch here and when I came back to claim it, they said they don't have it. Hmp! Sg is definitely no Japan when it comes to honesty.
Losing two of my things in a row is really a rarity for me that I've come to think that the universe is trying to send me a message. Maybe there's a cosmic meaning to all of this. Or maybe nagtinanga lang gyud ko. :D
On the bright side, I found a long lost friend. I never thought it would happen but my old HS bff found me on cyberspace. We kind of drifted off into separate lives not helped by the fact that she's not tech savvy and is rarely online. But small miracles still do happen and she emailed me out of the blue. Friends nami sa FB and keeping in touch is easier this time. I didn't realize how much I missed her till I talked with her again. Just like I didn't realize how much I needed the things I lost till they were gone.
Hmmm..... maybe there is a cosmic meaning to this after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment