Sunday, September 06, 2009

New Discovery: Andy Williams

Because a friend posted a link to an Andy Williams video (Moonriver) on Youtube, I've been listening to his videos non-stop. Especially his versions of Christmas songs. Ang lamig lang talaga ng boses. I was in a crappy mood earlier but it all but evaporated upon hearing his voice. A great soothing voice. The kind of voice that calms savage beasts. :D Hehehe.

I don't know why I'm more partial to songs from decades ago. It just reminds me of a gentler time I guess. When the word stress wasn't used in normal conversation. And people had time for the more important things in life. Hay.... makapanghupaw lang gyud ta ani.

His versions of Christmas songs is what I think Christmas songs should sound like. It really sounds like Christmas if you get what I mean. My favorite is The First Noel. And speaking of Christmas, maybe a kind and generous soul would like to leave a CD compilation of his songs in my stocking. I promise I've been (semi) good this year.

No comments: