Uhmmm... actually not quite. Since we are in Sg, the 100 yen became $2.
I went crazy inside the Daiso shop in a new mall we visited for the first time. It was like being instantly transported to Japan. I was giddy with shopping anticipation over the kooky, cutesy, bizarre-why-would-they-make-such-things that filled the shop. (e.g. a key cover, not even a key chain, just a cover for that part of the key you hold to turn it)
That Daiso branch had several aisles dedicated to Christmas decors. Of course, I had to get myself some. I bought a 6 inch tall miniature Christmas tree and some ornaments to hang on it. I am not planning to do any Christmas decorating in the apartment so this will be for the office.
I also bought some stuff I don't know if I will ever need. Like, where will I wear a feather domino? I hope there's a masquerade ball or at the very least a costume party in my future or the $2 would have gone for naught. But I had fun considering the possibilities.
Add a Hello Kitty picnic mat to the don't-know-if-I-will-ever-need-this list. But really, this will be extremely useful during one of those spontaneous picnics which happens like, never.
I got myself a new paper folding fan since mine is in tatters and deserves a decent burial already. I added a box of room deodorizer to my shopping basket because my room has this nasty habit of picking up ulam smells from the kitchen and the dining area. Even if I close my door. Its distinctly an unpleasant surprise to arrive home from work and discover what everyone else's dinner was the moment I enter my bedroom.
I was terribly disappointed though that I did not find a single Halloween related piece there. Halloween is my next favorite holiday after Christmas and I really want to celebrate it. Maybe not actually go trick or treating, but a few spider webs and pumpkins (kahit plastic pa) here and there would really set the mood. Made me miss Metro Ayala and National bookstore all of a sudden.
I tried to edit my shopping basket but I couldn't bear to put back any of it. But what the heck, all things being said, it was the best $16 I ever spent this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment