Today, I decided to go on a new diet regimen. That's what an entire afternoon of bilbil and exercise talk does to you.
I call it my oatmeal with extras diet. Eschewing my usual procrastinating self, I marched directly to the grocery to pull together what I needed. To be sure, the road to healthy thinness is not easy. It is paved with great temptations. Between the grocery and home, I had to pass by at least five bakeries and patisseries. Those savory breads, the delectable cakes with strawberries and whipped cream, chocolate-smothered doughnuts. Mmmm.... The deep-fried goodies from the corner OldChangKee further weakened my resolve. But I was made of sterner stuff and would not abandon my diet before I even started.
I even convinced myself that I would climb the nine floors to my apartment to add to the healthy factor. I decided to cheat at the last minute and went out at the sixth floor and climbed 3 flights up. Even that made my knees weak and my breath short. I am so out of shape!
So I just finished eating my oatmeal with condensed milk (low-fat condensed skim milk so I have my sweetened goodness less the guilt) with a side of prawn dumplings drowning in chilli sauce. Oatmeal and dimsum might seem like a yucky pairing but its actually good. Since I really don't have a sweet tooth, the tangy, spicy sauce of the dumplings tempered the nakaka-umay sugary oatmeal mush.
I feel so virtuous right now and I think already a bit thinner. Hehehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment