Friday, October 23, 2009

They Took Away My Weekend

Among other crappy news. Sigh. I was supposed to go home for the Kalag-kalag (All Saint's and Soul's) festivities but seeing that my boss decided to thwart my plans by ordering me to work for the next two weekends then I guess I'm spending Halloween in Sg. In so-not-into-Halloween-because-they-are-nation-of-KJ-people Sg. Crappity-crap-crap!

I don't get overtime pay but I do get an equivalent time off for any overtime rendered. The bad news is that any day off I accumulate I must spend in Sg. I cannot travel abroad while on my time off. Something to with company insurance claims and the fact that our HR don't seem to get the concept of vacations.

Arrggghhh.......... my weekend is totally ruined. The one thing I console myself with, is that I may suffer now, but if this is what it takes to finally release my project then so be it. It's been dragging on for so long and I am totally sick of it already.

After this I am planning on doing 4-day workweeks for the entire month of November. That will give me time to think of labor-of-love gifts for my friends. And actually get around to making them.

Hey, maybe this isn't so bad after all. I do believe I've found my silver lining.

No comments: