Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Sick Day Isn't What It Used To Be

I took a sick day today. But I still managed to make it to the office for an early morning meeting. Feeling like my head was stuffed with cotton with every sudden move I make sending the world spinning, I went home.

If I were in my home country (ah, mura asa gikan :D ) a sick day would be filled with nothing else but rest and recuperation. But I am here in Sg where every minute counts so I found myself sweeping the kitchen floor, washing the dishes and cooking myself a proper lunch, throbbing head and all.

I don't know where I get this sense of urgency everytime I am in Sg. Back home, I would think nothing of spending the whole day in bed just staring at the ceiling. Here, I have a feeling that would be a capital offense with a hefty fine.

I just can't seem to relax here. I still have a pounding headache despite a nap but I am still planning to do the laundry and maybe get rid of the dust bunnies under my bed. I might as well have stayed in the office. I think I would have gotten a better rest there.

No comments: