Monday, November 16, 2009

95 minutes of Charm

Ok, the title's a bit iffy I know. But that's exactly how I feel about 500 Days of Summer. It's really a charming movie. To quote chuvaness, eyelavet! Lavet, Lavet, LAVET! :D Hehehehe. Sorry, got carried away there. But this movie made such an impression on me. The last to do that was Up.

I used to have a crush on Joseph Gordon Levitt since 10 Things I Hate About You. (How about that? Numbers in film titles seem to be work for Joseph). But it soon disappeared because I didn't think he grew into his looks. The promise of cuteness wasn't fulfilled. But he has redeemed himself in all quirky, adorable hot cuteness in 500. :D

He's like the poster guy for the the sensitive man. And I love Zooey here too. Doe-eyes and all. They say at the beginning of the film that it isn't a love story but I disagree. It IS a love story, the kind that happens in real life. The kind that happens to one person and doesn't with the other. Hay, sakit. But at least they showed the promise of a new beginning for the sawi party. :D

All of you girls out there, I urged you to watch it. I know its kind of lame (and pathetic) to get life lessons from movies but this movie delivers and delivers it nicely (heartbreakingly to be sure but nicely still) . Watch it! Like now na! :D

No comments: