Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

Thanksgiving in the US has come and gone but there is always a reason to be grateful each day. As we draw near to the end of the year, let me count my blessings and express my heartfelt gratitude to God our ever faithful and giving Father for everything He has blessed me with.

- First of all God's unending and boundless mercy. I have an evil side and it comes out when I get really, really ticked off. The things that come out of my mouth and the thoughts in my head are unprintable. There is no censor between what I'm thinking and what I'm saying so I let loose a lot of nasty, nasty things. But to be fair, I do feel genuine regret afterwards, when I have taken a timeout and my feelings have cooled down. I am thankful to our Lord for always taking me back, the (many, many times) wayward sheep back into the fold.

- For a boyfriend who seems to have a well of patience that never dries. (But I don't want to test it to its limits din) :D He has forgiven and forgotten a lot of my mistakes and nastiness. And is always loving at the end of each day, never mind that I had a major PMS meltdown earlier and took it out on him. I am forever thankful that he has Dory's short term memory problem when it comes to my sins. :D

- For a family that loves and supports me. They have never asked me for anything. I am ashamed to say that I don't send money home. I just give them cash whenever I get to visit them and I try to indulge them with fab gifts whenever I can. That's why miske masakit sa bulsa, I splurged on an LV bag for mommy, the latest Ipod for our bunso and I'm thinking maybe Hugo Boss something for dad. The sis in the US has more money than me and is content with the Collezione Philippines map shirts she asked me to send her. :D

- For friends that are my support group and kapartners in crime in all things both silly and serious. I have friends that go way back and friends recently acquired. And I treasure them all dearly even if I don't get to spend enough time with them. My friends are the bomb! Yun lang ang masasabi ko. :D

- For a job that even if I am not totally sold on IT, has its moments when I enjoy it. For officemates that I get along with swimmingly and a boss that even though nasabon na ako many times has been generally kind.

- For provisions and resources that allow me to indulge my greatest passion which is traveling. I have conquered a new continent this year and I feel so thankful for the opportunity to do so. Three down, four more to go. Yes, I will try to darnest to get to Antarctica before it all melts away and drowns us.

- For everything and everyone in my life. The life lessons I have learned, the experiences I have gone through. All this made me who I am today and even though I am (and always will be) a work in progress, I am happy with who I am. And that is another great grace God has bestowed upon me.

It's nearly Christmas and the birthday of our King and Savior. I do hope I get to prepare a gift that will show Him how grateful and truly thankful I am for the life He has given me.

No comments: