Monday, November 16, 2009

The Weekend Is Not Yet Over For Me

While other people might be trying to get to sleep now knowing that they have an early day ahead of them, I am relishing the fact that I don't have to drag my butt to work tomorrow. Or rather later. I am taking the day off. A good decision it turns out since I am pooped from my full weekend. Full day activities back-to-back can do that to a person.

Saturday was for the Lingkod Evangelization training. It was an inspiring day not just because the talks themselves were inspiring but the very lives of the people giving the talk were sources of inspiration. Made me feel very shallow and superficial. Made my life feel shallow and superficial. Maybe because it is. Sigh. One of those existentialist issues I like to gnaw on when I don't want to worry about the usual things.

Sunday was for our branch installation. It was a long way to get to this point and I'm glad to be a part of it. We celebrated this momentous event by having the buffet at Sakura. So you can imagine. Welcome to Gluttonville. I was so full I had to catch my breath several times. Gihangak in my dialect.

And a few hours after that was the Japanese themed dinner at a friend's house. I have a feeling I'm going to have to eat oatmeal for the rest of the year to make up for all the calories I inhaled the past two days. I sorely miss my fast metabolism.

After I post this I am going to read myself to sleep with Marian Keyes "Further Under the Duvet" book. I am not liking the tone (kind of arrogant and snobbish) but I can't seem to put it down.

Tomorrow, I have the whole day to fill up ........... or not. Sarap!

No comments: