Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Well-deserved Break

A break from work, from the household chores, from Facebook and Mafia Wars. Just a general disconnect from life. And so I hied off to a spa where I booked a private room for a hydrotherapy treatment and a body massage. The masseuse gave me a choice between green tea, lavender or bergamot for my bubble bath and I chose bergamot simply because I'm not sure what it smells like. She then left me to my bath and told me that she will be back in 30 minutes.

Those 30 minutes spent soaking in the warm pulsing water of the jacuzzi with bubbles all around me was the most blissful half hour of my life. I never wanted to get out of the tub. I just laid back, forgot about the real world and imagined that I was in my own home and I had the luxury of doing this whenever I felt like it. But soon my dreamworld had to vanish because my 30 minutes was up.

I took a quick shower and positioned myself on the massage bed covered with a warm towel. The masseuse applied just the right amount of pressure and kneaded my muscles and joints to within an inch of their life. The finale was a very thorough head massage.

After the treatment was finished I was led to the bar and finished off with a plate of very sweet watermelon and a cup of tea. I came out of the spa thoroughly refreshed. Even my friends commented on my "fresh" aura daw. Made me wonder if I really looked that haggard and harassed before. Hehehe.

No comments: